In an unlikely event and under unavoidable circumstance, if there is no other way than to cancel your trip, the following conditions shall apply:
1. More than 60 days before start of travel program, USD 150 flat rate/per person + Advance payments made to hotels (if any) + Transfer charges.
2. Between 60 – 10 days: 45% of the package cost retained as cancellation charges
3. Within 10 days of travel – 100% of the package cost retained as cancellation charges.
Once tickets have been issued, date changes can be made up to 7 days beforehand on payment of a US$10 administration charge. There is no charge for date changes in business class. Rerouting of full fare tickets is permitted once, but the ticket will then be stamped non-reroutable and non-refundable. Route changes to a sector with a lower airfare attract a US$25 administration fee. No fee applies to route changes to a sector with a higher fare.
Please note that Druk Air reserves the right to make changes to the timing of flights at short notice and bear no responsibility for any impact. Such changes have on either international flight tickets or connection times for your Druk Air flights. Please take note of it when selecting a non-refundable and non-reroutable flight options.
If you wish to cancel the reservation altogether, refund policy will be as follows:
• 75% refund for tickets cancelled more than 30 days before the date of travel
• 50% refund for tickets cancelled between 30 days and 10 days before the date of travel
• 25% refund permitted for tickets cancelled between 10 days and 3 days before the date of travel
• No refund for tickets cancelled less than 3 days before the date of travel.
• In each case, a cancellation charge of US$25 per ticket applies.
FAQ related to visa
Your visa will be taken care by Bhutan Gateway Travel. You are requested to email us a clear valid passport with validity of six months or more prior to your visit to Bhutan.
Once approved, Bhutan Gateway Travel will email you the electronic visa (e-visa) approved by the Department of Immigration. You will print and hand carry a copy of the approved e-visa.
In case of emergency, based on the merit of the case, we will pursue with the relevant authority and get it extended. However, under normal circumstances, it is not possible to get the visa extended.
Three to five government working days.
FAQ related to SDF
The new SDF of US$100 per person per day will become effective from 1 September 2023.
The new SDF shall remain effective for four years until 31 August 2027.
Any guest who already paid the SDF for their upcoming visit to Bhutan is eligible for a refund of the excess SDF amounts paid.
When applying for a visa to enter Bhutan, you will need to pay the SDF. Visas can be applied for at the Department of Tourism’s website.
No, the incentives introduced in June 2023 have been revoked and are no longer applicable. However, the 24-hour SDF waiver for border towns in Bhutan remains valid.